The Power of Risky Play
”I would say that risk and risky play in particular is a vital part of our heritage. It is through our engagement with risk, or any unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation – in the context of play – that we learn how to use our bodies safely to interact with the physical and social challenges in the environment.”
Nga Nguyen, California State University
- What is risky play?
- Risky play categories
- Why is risky play important in a developing child?
- What are the dangers of play with no risk?
- What role does technology play in risky play?
- How can we support a child’s need for risky play?
- Child or teacher/adult led?
- The great outdoors
- Ensuring a safe school environment that includes risky play
- Risky play is worth the risk
Course time: 1 hour approx
Course cost: R150 per person
Course dates: Please inquire below
To register for this course please email UnderTheSonTraining@gmail.com